Landscape-pictures from David Garedshi


Some of the very rare trees in the area.


A salt lake. The area is a paradise for ornithologists - and apparently for birds, too. ;-)


Look at the trails where herds go to get an impression of size and vastness.


My daughter Sopo.

Thanks to Karu and his old Volkswagen Passat, I could take some pics in the beautiful landscape. Most of the area is covered with steppe, some parts are even desert-like. Karu and me, together with his daughter Anna and my daugther Sopo, had a wonderful time - until we drove back. Thick mist gave only about 5 meters of sight until we reached the lowlands again.

I missed my monopod. It was lost in the car during the assault. Almost all pictures were shot with ISO 1600 in dim light.

David Garedshi is located in the south-east of Georgia. Take the road to Sagaresho, then head south. You should carry your passport with you as you might stumble into azerbaidshanian border-guards if you hike a little further around. The biggest threat though should come from snakes. Beware!

Here are two in sepia: