Amazing Tragic story of world's heaviest woman

Tragic story of world's heaviest woman
After years of gorging on burgers, French fries and chocolate chip cookies Renee Williams tipped the scales at 64 stone. She was just 29 years old.

The mother of two, who weighed almost half a ton, was bedridden and knew her only chance of survival was to beg doctors for a gastric bypass to reduce the size of her stomach.

Before her death she let cameras into her home in Austin, Texas, to raise awareness of the dangers of obesity.

Tragic story of world's heaviest woman

She said: "I'm not the average overweight person and never have been. My stomach has always been flat and my waist is really small compared to my weight.

"I have to be helped with everything. I can brush my own teeth and comb my own hair but a lot of people who are this weight cannot move around at all."

Renee battled with her weight since childhood but convinced herself her obesity was due to a genetic problem.

She said: "There are times when I have to force myself to eat because I know it's been a while since I've eaten something."

By the age of 12 she weighed 21 stone and was classified as morbidly obese and by the age of 29 was six times the size of a healthy woman of the same age.

Renee married at the age of 15 and weighed more than 30 stone by the time she gave birth to oldest daughter Mirina a year later.